On The Chitlin’ Circuit will be a narrated Blues show featuring authentic blues from the Chitlin Circuit. The famous Lou Rawls said it best “For years I played night clubs, working the Chitlin’ Circuit. These clubs were very small, very tight, and very crowded. Everything was poor accept the entertainment. The only way to establish communication was by telling a story that would lead into the song that would catch people’s attention. Preston Lauterbach says “The Chitlin’ Circuit was African-Americans making something beautiful out of something ugly, whether it’s making cuisine out of hog intestines or making world-class entertainment despite being excluded from all of the world-class venues, all of the fancy white clubs and all the first-rate white theaters.” We hope to tell the story of back then when good music and storytelling made ya just enough money for an order of chitlins but you did it for the love of the blues.
All Proceeds will go to Ocala Outreach Foundation’s “Feed the Need” Project!
About Last Year's Events
Dear Feed the Need Sponsors,
On behalf of Feed the Need and the Ocala Outreach, we would like to thank you for your sponsorship for our community outreach events last year.
Feed the Need project of Ocala Outreach Foundation Inc. is a not for profit organization that relies on the generosity of sponsors and community partners such as yourself and we are grateful for your support.
The Blues Show & Night of Praise were a great success because of you and the support you gave. You along with others are very instrumental in putting smiles on the faces of so many youth in Marion County. We hope to be able to continue to impact our youth through programs such as the ones we did this past year. Listed below shows the tremendous impact so far:
- Interfaith Food 4 Kids Program – almost 4,000 backpacks of food
- Clean Kids Backpack Program through St. Paul’s Church providing for hundreds of students
- Marion County School Board’s Homeless Children Program– $13,000 for school supplies and special needs for students
- Kimberly’s Center– $2,000 for blankets, teddy bears, movies for children in abusive situations
- Kids Central foster care– $5,000 to fund needed items for high school kids in foster program
- Sozo Kids National forest outreach– $750 for sports equipment and schooling
- Heston’s Hero’s – $500- terminally ill boy who has the light of Jesus in him and his family.
- Hunger Fight– $1,000 to provide 4,000 meals to high schools
- East Marion Athletic Association– $300 sponsor sports team for at risk youth
- Christmas Angels with Children’s Home Society– $734 to provide Christmas for foster children
- LWHS Portable Pantry “the Rock”- $410 opened a portable with food, clothing and hygiene open to students anytime during the day. Over 100 served in first 3 weeks
- Christmas Dinner to Needy Families
- Help with multiple ill children to cover bills and comfort them
- Southeast Marion Baptist Church youth program
- Multiple individual cases supporting homeless and underprivileged children
- Lots of sports scholarships to help keep at risk youth off the streets
Along with several other smaller organizations including families and kids in need not covered by an organization. Totaling over $41,000 with a small nest egg to help kick off our future events and any needs that may arise beforehand. That’s incredible and you should be so proud to be a part of that. We hope to keep the giving going in 2017. Our prayer for you, your family and your business is that God will graciously bless you as you have blessed others.
Romans 20:35 reminds us that: “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”
Founder of Feed the Need Project and Board Member of Ocala Outreach Foundation, Inc.